If you think that your use of marijuana is just a pastime that doesn’t interfere with anything important in your life, you may be lying to yourself. The drug whose scientific name is cannabis is known by a lot of other names, including pot, hash, weed, and grass and there are many different strains available. Most people who begin smoking pot like the feeling of drowsiness and relaxation it gives them. It is truly the drug of choice when you want to forget something unpleasant and “feel happy” even when things aren’t going that well.
The negative aspects of pot aren’t always considered, such as bloodshot eyes, increased heart rate, an increase in appetite, dry mouth and a decreased ability to think or function. For some people, the ability to avoid reality and feel good about life when it isn’t always going as planned are far more important than the negative side effects using pot can cause. Most of the time the dried leaves are smoked, but increasingly, pot is infused into foods and eaten. Pot brownies are especially popular among marijuana users.
Reasons Marijuana Addiction Treatment Might Be Right for You Right Now
Even if you hadn’t thought about getting marijuana addiction treatment, or even realized you may have an addiction, it could be having a big impact on your life. Addiction Rehab Toronto explains that psychological dependence on marijuana is what often leads people to marijuana addiction treatment. What better way to get the New Year off to a good start than kicking a habit that is causing harm to you and your loved ones? Most people don’t realize that marijuana is addictive but many users become addicted to the lifestyle that accompanies it. Ask yourself these questions?
- How often do you use pot?
- Are there events that you won’t attend unless you have marijuana available to you beforehand?
- Is purchasing pot putting a financial burden on you?
- Are you “hanging out” with different friends so that pot is more available or you feel free to use it in their presence?
- Do you base important decisions on whether they will facilitate or inhibit your use of the drug?
- Are your relationships suffering because of your drug use?
- Have you tried, or been tempted to try, more dangerous illicit drugs to get more of the same feelings that you get from smoking marijuana?
It’s easy to make excuses to yourself about using pot. You may think that it is harmless or that nothing else is as important as getting relief from your anxiety. One of the most valuable things you will gain from an individualized treatment plan is the insight into what is causing your anxiety and what drug-free steps you can take to deal with it.
Marijuana addiction treatment will help you start the New Year out right and take control of your life again. No matter how harmless you always believed marijuana is, it may be the only thing holding you back from achieving your most important goals.